Below is a list of research that has been supported by NCSRP grant titled "An integrated approach to enhance durability of SCN resistance for long term strategic SCN management"
- Mitchum, Melissa G. "Soybean resistance to the soybean cyst nematode Heterodera glycines: an update." Phytopathology 106.12 (2016): 1444-1450.
- Masonbrink, Rick E., Andrew J. Severin, and Arun S. Seetharam. "Comparative genomics of soybean and other legumes." The Soybean Genome. Springer, Cham, 2017. 83-93.
- Gardner, Michael, et al. "Genetics and adaptation of soybean cyst nematode to broad spectrum soybean resistance." G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics 7.3 (2017): 835-841.
- Wickland, Daniel P., et al. "A comparison of genotyping-by-sequencing analysis methods on low-coverage crop datasets shows advantages of a new workflow, GB-eaSy." BMC bioinformatics 18.1 (2017): 1-12.
- Brzostowski, Lillian F., and Brian W. Diers. "Pyramiding of alleles from multiple sources increases the resistance of soybean to highly virulent soybean cyst nematode isolates." Crop Science 57.6 (2017): 2932-2941.
- Showmaker, Kurt C., et al. "Genome sequence of the soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) Endosymbiont “Candidatus Cardinium hertigii” Strain cHgTN10." Genome Announcements 6.26 (2018): e00624-18.
- Barnes, Stacey N., et al. "Heterodera glycines utilizes promiscuous spliced leaders and demonstrates a unique preference for a species-specific spliced leader over C. elegans SL1." Scientific reports 9.1 (2019): 1-11.
- Masonbrink, Rick, et al. "SCNBase: a genomics portal for the soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines)." Database 2019 (2019).
- Pogorelko, Gennady V., et al. "Re‐targeting of a plant defense protease by a cyst nematode effector." The Plant Journal 98.6 (2019): 1000-1014.
- Masonbrink, Rick, et al. "The genome of the soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) reveals complex patterns of duplications involved in the evolution of parasitism genes." BMC genomics 20.1 (2019): 1-14.
- Jin, Hailing, et al. "Focus issue editorial: Biotic stress." Plant physiology 179.4 (2019): 1193-1195.
- Tylka, Gregory L. "SCN-resistant Soybean Varieties for 2020." Integrated Crop Management News Extension and Experiment Station Publications. Tylka GL (2019).
- Masonbrink, Rick E., et al. "A chromosomal assembly of the soybean cyst nematode genome." Molecular ecology resources 21.7 (2021): 2407-2422.
- Maier, Tom R., et al. "Esophageal Gland RNA-Seq Resource of a Virulent and Avirulent Population of the Soybean Cyst Nematode Heterodera glycines." Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions 34.9 (2021): 1084-1087.
- Meinhardt, Clinton, et al. "Resistance gene pyramiding and rotation to combat widespread soybean cyst nematode virulence." Plant disease 105.10 (2021): 3238-3243.
- Basnet, Pawan, et al. "Epistatic interaction between Rhg1-a and Rhg2 in PI 90763 confers resistance to virulent soybean cyst nematode populations." Theoretical and Applied Genetics (2022): 1-15.
- Goverse, Aska, and Melissa G. Mitchum. "At the molecular plant–nematode interface: New players and emerging paradigms." Current Opinion in Plant Biology 67 (2022): 102225.
- Siddique, Shahid, et al. "The genome and lifestage-specific transcriptomes of a plant-parasitic nematode and its host reveal susceptibility genes involved in trans-kingdom synthesis of vitamin B5." Nature communications 13.1 (2022): 1-19.
- Verma, Anju, et al. "A novel sugar beet cyst nematode effector 2D01 targets the Arabidopsis HAESA receptor‐like kinase." Molecular Plant Pathology (2022).